From:
Chris Berry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 09:33:13 -0500
Hello, thought I'd join in.

My name is Chris (actually Christina) and I live in Morgantown, WV while I
work on my MA in English lit.

My first ferret Loki came home with me on New Years Eve 1993.  It was my
third year at college and I was sick and tired of not having the company of
pets since my family has always had a zoo!  My one roommate was terribly
allergic to cats and since our family had a ferret (Watchie) before, I told
my mom that's what I wanted to Christmas.  I searched the state high and low
and had the worst time finding a ferret.  I'm sorry to say (sort of) that I
got Loki at a pet store, since WV has no shelters and I hadn't found the FML
yet.  Loki was a tiny silver mitt female with a huge personality.  My
boyfriend was quite leary when he heard me say I was getting a ferret but
Loki won him over in no time at all.  She was soo sweet.

She loved to play chase and hide and seek with us.  She got into everything
and loved to use my hats and shoes as places to stash her
goodies-particularly stolen sweets that she never ate.  She was a champion
plant digger with no equal!

I lost my Loki on April 18, 1997.

Before Loki left for the Bridge I has started e-mailing with a lady on a cat
newsgroup.  I, of course, kept going on and on about Loki and how wonderful
she was.  Well this lady decided she was going to find out about ferrets.
She did a lot of research and eventually she found a little sable boy that
she named Fidget (very appropriate).  Unfortunately not much later she found
out that she would be moving back to Columbus (former FFZ) and she was
terrified that someone would find her boy and turn him in.  So Fidget came
to live with me and I always thought Loki sent him to me.  He is a Holmes
Farm guy and weighs in at about 2.75 pounds.

Fidget rules the roost at the house, he has his humans trained well.  He
converts everyone he meets over to a ferret lover.  He always goes with me
on trips and is a perpetual motion machine when he's "ON"

His favs are any liquid in a glass and chew weasels.  he loves bananas and
oranges and chocolate (we usualy have lots of chocolate in the house, my
boyfriend is from right outside of Hershey.  we have to keep it in tins
because Fidget will do almost anything to get to it.  )

cheers
chris and Fidget

--
Bacca's Menagerie