Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 11:10:00 -0700
Hi, I would first like to thank all of you who responded to my micro-chip
question.  I was clearly wrong about the whole thing and will be checking
into getting a micro chip for my Eddie.  Now, about spanking... I recently
read someone's post, not sure on the exact phrase but it was about,
"spanking the piss out of a ferret".  No doubt that the ferret was either
smacked too hard or just frightened.  I do believe this person who did this
deserved a little repremanding.  I have been owned by Eddie for a little
over two years and am still learning.  I hope I do not receive flames for
this but I agree 100% with the post from yesterday about the ferret who bit
the lip.  I *do* spank my Eddie, not often and ****NOT**** hard, just a
smack in the butt to get his attention.  Sometimes those loud "NO's" just
don't work.  Most of you have to admit that it is hard to remember when
something hurts you not to hurt them back.  I mean that it's pretty much
human instinct to have some kind of reflex.  I am so greatful to be a part
of this list, it has taught me so much.  But I really wish that we could
keep the flaming down and help each other more with constructive critisism.

Thanks for letting me vent.  Heather & Eddie