From:
Linda Decelles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 20:12:28 -0500
It was pointed out to me that the recipie we shared, last Friday, needed
some strengths indicated for some of the ingredients.  We got the
information from the person who had been making the recipie up and here it
is again with those indicated

In addition to his regular diet, Totally
Ferret, Handsome is being given the following mixture daily.

1000 mg. Vitamin C **
500 mg L-Tyrosine *
6 capsules Hawthorne Berry (open and dump) *
1 tsp of Green's Plus *
60 mg Co-Enzyme Q10 caps (open and dump) **
500 mg capsule garlic, deoderized (open and dump ) *
400 mg capsule Vitamin E (cut open and dump) **
2 cc pine park * (or new name Pycnogenol, 1 - 30 mg capsule)
1 tsp Pet Tinic *
1 tsp cherry syrup  (I guess for flavor improvement)
6 tsp  Timmy's Tonic  *
1 ml colodial silver
1/4 cup water.

Mix well and divide between 6 cubes and Freeze.

After thawing , to each portion BEFORE serving add:
1/4 tsp. of Brewer's Yeast

The one's with the double astrix are the one's the vet recognized as his
Dad taking.  The one's with the single astrix I have been looking up
information on and feel comfortable with (even though I am not usually a
"natural suppliments person".

We have found, via a KFA member, most of the ingredients at
www.VitaminShoppe.com
The Pet-tinic, Timmy's tonic and Green's Plus can be gotten through Gary
Holowicki at [log in to unmask] found through Ferret Central Info.
Also in looking into some other recipies for sick ferrets (adrenal, etc.
problems) the following ingredients seem that they would help any ferret
who is ill and work in combination with the above ingredients, in some
cases, even allowing these ingredients to work more fully.  I may try
adding them to the above recipie.

 ---------------------
 Additions:

 change 1000 mg of Vitamin C to 1000 mg Vitamin C Complex with Rutin
 1 ounce echinacea
 200 mg of Pantothetic Acid
 30 mg. capsule of Grape extract

If any one can lend support to adding these to the basic sick ferret
recipie, or has information that says it would be bad to add them, feel
free to send us an e-mail on it.

Linda and Norman - owned by
Frisky, Sassy, Baby, Mae, and Handsome