From:
Mahlyssa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:26:39 -0500
Arg

Returning to work has been hard!!  Zama has this new thing where if we go
ANYWHERE near the door he scoots himself right over and lays in front of
it like one of those draft protectors :)

Since we have gotten the kitten we leave Zama out all day.  Only in the
living room of course - although I am SURE he would LOVE it if I let him
in the bedroom so he can be a lazy bum and sleep in my bed all day.

So far there has only been minor disasters.  Basically there isn't
anything for him to get into.  Except for the one day.... These always
happen while we are at home and never when we are out.

The one day I swore I heard giggling... Ferrets and Cats can giggle
right??  If not I'm sure they do it secretly.So I sneak out into the
kitchen and OH MY what do I see??  Rice crispies all over my floor and
two silly heads hopping around in it making Rice Crispie dust.  This
wasn't one of those small boxes either... those wholesale boxes... ackk!!
So I figured they made a mess whether I clean it up right away or later
on doesn't change anything so I might as well let them have some fun...
Bad idea - Zama decided these fine Rice Crispies were a delicasy.... 2
weeks later I am still cleaning Rice Crispies in little piles from
various nooks and cranies...

Second disaster was much worse.  Huge box of Minute Rice that was meant
to go to the trash cause I wasn't sure how long it had been in the
cupboard.  Well, I forgot about the Minute Rice and I was taught a very
valueable lesson... Never Ever leaving an open box of half full Minute
Rice out for even a half a second.  Now this wouldn't have been so bad
but uncooked Minute Rice has this great capability of rolling.... and it
rolls everywhere.  So yup once again I hear evil giggling... Two dummies
hopping around like they hit a gold mine and Rice flying EVERYWHERE...
Rice sticks... sticks to fur - furthings run - Rice goes flying - Rice is
everywhere in the apartment.  I have vacummed the whole place a couple of
million times and I still see Rice in the carpet.

Zama has a new talent!  The second he is allowed in my room.  He jumps
on my bed - runs over to the night stand and turns on the radio.  He
even know which button to press.  This is no accident.  It is done so
perfectly.  Such a sweetie :)

To the person who was talking about the Ferret Pickles... I made those
once.  I found the recipe on a website somewhere.  Strangely not one of
the 3 ferrets I gave it to liked it.  They would take it and hide it but
wouldn't eat it.  So we had little things that resembled poop (cause they
look more like poop then pickles) and the dogs would go around and eat
them.

Mahlyssa