From:
mireille chiasson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 1996 20:37:31 +0000
Hi,

Reading your posting reminded me alot of what my fellow ferret owner went
through.  He also had a ferret that had exactly the same problems as yours,
he had told me about it on the phone but i had never seen the ferret for
myself.  One night when i was in town i went to see the big guy and was left
speechless when i saw him.  He was very very big, but more in the lower part
of his body close to the back legs, while his upper body didn't look has
big.  I suggested that he take him to the vet because i didn't find that
this was normal, plus he had put the ferret on a diet which only mad him
skinny on the upper part of the body.  After the vet checked him out and did
some X-Rays, he found that the ferret had many tumors and that's what caused
the large size.  I just want to add that i am no vet and your ferret is
probably fine, but if it is abnormally fat you should bring him to a vet
before putting him on a diet or anything just to make shure he is ok.

Sincerly,
Mireille
Lucy, Antha and Molly