From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 17:45:14 -0400
>When calling around checking for vet prices, I came across a clinic,
>one my friend referred me to, and I asked about Distemper Shots and how
>much they charge... well, the folks told me that they don't do distempers
>for ferrets and that they have a brochure on why they don't... does anyone
>have any clue why they wouldn't?  I am going to pick up this brochure
>shortly and fins out.

Having just spoken with someone else who experienced needless death in the
family from Canine Distemper, I have to tell you that there is a lot of it
out there in many areas this year and I have heard from far too many going
through this.  Horrible way to die... It really gets to you sometimes when
you hear about such needless deaths.  Sometimes you just feel ready to
burst.

>but I have noticed that there are certain sounds that he does seem to
>hear.  I don't know what those sounds are specifically, but it must be
>something at just the right pitch & frequency

Entirely possible.  Keep trying and keep records.  We had one who could
hear only low pitched sounds.  If a voice was too high while she was being
held she'd get a puzzled expression and place her hands on the person's
lips.  Low pitched sounds worked very well for her, though.  Have heard
of another one who only heard high pitched sounds.