From:
Melissa Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 14:12:55 -0500
I'm looking for people in Toronto with ferrets that might be willing to
help me socialize a ferret to strangers.

Our cuddliest, cutest ferret adores being handled by my husband and I,
and follows us around to get picked up and give kisses, but gets nippy
around strangers, and has only gotten worse, no matter what we do.  Last
night was the last straw when she latched on to a nice guy we know who
was doing everything right, as far as handling a ferret went, and drew
blood, first time she's ever done that.  We need to let her know that
just like with us, biting is not the way you get people to stop bothering
you.

We need people who are used to being around ferrets to help us by coming
by and subjecting themselves to the possibility of being bitten, and who
can also disipline her ferret style right away if she does.  We live in a
neighbourhood with a lot of children and I like taking the animals for
walks, I don't want to have a vicious biter when I do that.  I'm worried
that at this stage, instead of just nipping and nipping when someone
bothers her, she might go out of her way to bite someone.
:(Compensation, blood transfusion options can be discussed <:)

Please email me if you think you might be able to help, thanks!

Mel