Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2012 14:07:18 -0500
I want all of you out there to know this is very hard for me. I need
help with my ferrets. I've never asked for anything for my ferrets
and it's so difficult for me to do so, but I can't stand to see them
suffer.

I'm going to tell you a little about myself first, I take in unwanted,
abused, neglected ferrets, most are old and sick. I take the best
possible care of them and they live out their lives here with me. I'm
not a rescue/shelter or a 501 (c), just an individual that got her
first ferret over six yrs. ago and fell in love with them. I didn't
plan to take in unwanted ferrets, it just happened. I currently have 20
ferrets and all but one are rescues. My problem is that the last 3 have
adrenal disease and I need the melatonin implants. I've had medical
expenses for the last several months and I just can't come up with the
money to buy them. I have 5 other adrenal ferrets, 2 of those also
have insulnomia, plus I have a little sable girl with congestive heart
failure. all are on meds and the adrenal ferrets have had the melatonin
implants for about 4 mths. All are doing fine.

My last little girl came from Animal Control, she was found in a trash
dumpster. She was in terrible shape, emaciated, swollen vulva and no
fur from her hind end to the tip of her tail, plus she had ear mites.
She also was very dirty with long nails. Since I got her she has done
nothing but eat and gain weight. She's such a sweet pretty little girl,
but she needs the implant. I'm not quite sure of her age, but I'm
guessing she's up in yrs. I named her Suzy Q. I've never had one that
walked like her, kinda in a little ball with her hind end scrunched up.
I think she was kept in a small cage with no exercise, because since
I've been letting her out, she seems to be walking better each day. The
other 2 have been with me for about 2 mths and one of those came from
an individual and the other from Animal Control from another County.
Where I live there are no ferret shelters, the closest is 3 hrs away
and most people don't even like them or know what they are. I'm not
sure how people find out about me, but they somehow do. I get calls all
the time from people wanting me to take their ferrets, I quit taking
in healthy ones, just the ones in need, they don't seem to quit coming.

Please if there is anyone out there that can help me help these babies
let me know. You can reach me at [log in to unmask]

Thank-you and God Bless you and your little ferrets.

[Moderator's note: Though the e-mail address is new, this person has
been subscribed to the FML for >2 years and best as I can tell has
been involved with ferrets as stated. BIG]