From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 23:13:20 -0800
I don't grind up meat or bones but I do grind up the kibble in my
blender along with chicken baby food, warm water and a little bit of
olive oil and Ferretone. I've been using my same blender that I've used
for years to make margaritas, soup, whatever. It's a rather cheap model
with a plastic pitcher.

Well tonight as I was scooping a glob of soup out to thin with water
and serve I saw something blue in the mix - a small chunk of plastic.
Noticing it matched the blender I looked inside the pitcher and sure
enough just below where the blade attaches a chunk of plastic was
missing. I took the entire batch of soup and put it through a strainer
and then dug around in the goop with my hands and found four more small
chunks of plastic :-0!! Each piece could have easily been swallowed by
a ferret and each had VERY sharp edges. I dumped the entire batch in
the trash and shuddered to think that I almost served that to my kids.
All that grinding up of kibble (and well maybe a few hundred batches of
margaritas with ice cubes heh) must have worn and broken off the
plastic.

I'll pick up a new blender tomorrow - but it will most definitely have
a GLASS pitcher - and I highly suggest the same for the rest of you if
you're going to use it for the kids' soup!!!!

- Laura and The Seattle Seven at http://www.ferretocious.com