From:
TwoSpooky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jun 1997 13:48:34 -0500
Well, we went and did it and have been proudly owned by two new fuzzies from
Troy Lynn and Lynda in KS (hi, guys! <g>).  That makes five for us!
Squeaker is 4 and insulinomac, and Squirt is about 1 1/2 - 2 and is
absolutely beautiful.  Softest fur I've ever felt, good weight, etc.  Just
great in every way.  The only problem is that she is *much* less active
than I'm used to.

I've already asked Lynda about this, and she said Squirt was pretty active
there at the shelter.  I figured she was down about being bounced around so
much and would perk up.  She *has* become less withdrawn and has warmed up
to the hoomans here considerably.  She is getting along ok now with the
others, too -- they are integrated into the same cage (finally!).
Gabrielle, my tiny little terror, still occasionally "asserts her
dominance," but that is quieting down too.

Am I worrying for nothing?  The vet did the usual exam (no tests, tho) when
I got her rabies shot last week and said she was fine.  She has no symptoms
of anything I can detect.  Maybe I'm just not used to differing activity
levels -- the original three are all just under a year old and are *blurs*.
They don't sit still for being held and can run like the Energizer Bunny.
Squirt likes being held and comes up to sleep on the couch with me.  I
cuddle her, and she falls asleep in my lap.  I'm certainly not complaining,
if this is normal, and we are loving her like crazy, but I want to make sure
she's not sick!

Any advice?

-Tasha

"It has been said that man is a rational animal.  All my life I have been
searching for evidence which could support this."
                                        -- Bertrand Russell