From:
"Linda M. Doran" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 1994 09:40:43 -0700
To Troy Lynn Eckart: Where are you? Dr. Williams referred me to you for more
info on the following subject.

I am seeking information on ferret rabies vaccines: How effective are
they? What level of certification do they have? Do they enjoy the
same status as rabies vaccines for dogs? If not, why not?

I need to know these things in order to inform our city officials,
animal control and the like, about ferrets. They think ferrets are
wild and there's no such thing as an effective rabies vaccine for
them. Animal control won't adopt out an unwanted ferret, but will
automatically euthanize it if the owner doesn't show up.

Thank you.