From:
"Sanders, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:00:36 +1000
Hi there,

I remember a while back there was a recipe for making chicken gravy
posted.  Unfortunately I ordered some of the duck gravy from the US a
couple of weeks ago, but quarantine won't let it through to Australia.
So, as I deleted the recipe that was posted, can someone please help me
out with another recipe so that I can make my own for my two fuzzies
(Bandit and Frodo).   [I sent her Bob's recipe.  BIG]

Also, I was hoping some one might be able to offer me some suggestions as
to what may be wrong with my boy (Frodo).  He went missing for 3 days a
couple of weeks ago, and I found him under one of the stairwells of our
apartment block.  He had accidentally been boarded in by the maintenance
guys.  Anyway, he was happy to be home, and was in very good health.
However, after about 3 days at home, he became extremely lethargic and
we were lucky to see him awake for more than 3 hours a day!  After a few
days of fussing over him, he developed a shiver and an irritated left
eye.  We brought him inside at that stage and fed him warmed baby food,
as well as his regular meat and kibble diet.  After a couple of days
though, I was getting more and more worried and he wasn't improving.  I
took him to the vet who firstly addressed the eye irritation.  Apparently
his eyelid was turning in, and his eyelashes were rubbing his eye.  The
vet gave us some tear drops, which really seems to have worked.  While
he was there they tested his glucose levels which are fine.  He has been
prescribed a broad spectrum anti-biotic and a return appointment on
Monday.  He seems to have picked up dramatically, but I am still a little
concerned and he still seems a little more tired than is normal.  He is
eating and drinking plenty, and his poops are perfect.

Can any one suggest anything as to what may be wrong?

Thank you all for your input.

CPL JENNI SANDERS
DD-IS4
R1-G-DOO4