Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2008 20:52:35 EST
It's a sad day and I am so devastated. After losing Hanna only one week
ago, now my beautiful albino boy Rylee is gone. I noticed yesterday
that he seemed weak and was having difficulty walking. I think his
insulinoma may have returned and I planned to take him to the vet
Monday to get his blood glucose checked. I got up at 3am this morning
and again at 7am to feed him and he managed to eat. I could tell he was
fading and so went back to bed and took him with me to have him close
to me. He died this morning at 9:30 while I held him. I can't take much
more of this heartbreak, having lost 3 ferrets, Zach, Hanna and Rylee
within just a few weeks. And, just before the end of last year, Tyler
died.

Rylee was a rescue from the local animal shelter when he was young. I'm
not sure how old he actually was but I estimate his birth date to be
late 2002 or early 2003. He was my birthday present to myself in 2003,
having picked him up from the shelter on my birthday in October.

I only have 2 ferrets left (both 7+ yrs.) now and life doesn't seem the
same after having lived with so many ferrets for so long (19 at once
several years ago). It's strange not having them under foot and running
around the house. I don't think I'll ever get used to having the house
and my life so quiet.

Thank you FML friends for all the e-mails the past few days when I lost
Hanna. It really helps and I know you all understand what it's like to
lose these little guys - it's so hard.

Donna
Ferrets & Friends