From:
Julie Thornton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 17:25:51 -0700
For those who have generously taken the time to write a note and/or send a
dollar (or a donation of Timmy's Tonic, pellets, a check for cash, etc), we
at Kansas Ferret Association thank you for your kindness and generosity.
The kindness of these donations has made quite a difference in keeping us
going this month despite license renewal fees, membership renewal time, and
a few health issues that caught us by suprise.

Our little Robin Hood continues to recover slowly.  He has now regained his
alert mental state, but his rear end is much slower to respond.  We are
beginning to seek rehabilitation strategies for getting his rear legs to
recover from what appears to be an atrophy condition.  Any information would
be gratefully accepted, as would any NutriCal, Totally Ferret, or items
which could help him recover.

The shelter has recently decided that our elderly dot-matrix printer has
passed its prime of life, and is looking for someone who might be upgrading
from a still-useful ink-jet or laser printer and is willing to donate such
an item.

Thank you, BIG for your patience with all of us who care so deeply about
helping the ferrets who come to us.  You faithfully continue to give us a
place to communicate with each other so our benefactors can have better
lives.

While I'm at it, I have to comment on Bob Church's contribution.  There is a
tremendous value in reading the information this man puts together, and
whoever he is, I assume he kinda likes ferrets.  The man has infinite
patience it seems, and an ability to allow everyone to take what they want
and leave the rest - or whatever else they might do - without becoming
entangled in personal wars in public places.  I commend you, Mr. Church.

I hope there is room for thank you's to those folks who continue to share
their experience and hope despite personality conflicts.  I've had the
pleasure of meeting the Killians, and I've learned from them that it's ok
to have a different opinion.  We can still work together for the good of
the ferrets.

All the best -
Julie from Kansas Ferret Association