From:
Katherine Kuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:46:33 EST
I have a new category for this.  It's "the most ignorant question anyone
ever asked you about ferrets."  Now, I fully recognize that honest questions
are not dumb and all questions deserve to be answered respectfully and that
it's our opportunity to educate and advocate when we are asked about our
fuzzies.  But aren't there some questions you just can't BELIEVE someone
asked you?  For instance: "You have ferrets?  Don't they BITE?" (Uh, yeah,
all the time.  I love having pets that bite me and my young children all the
time.) "Ferrets?  Don't they carry rabies?" (Uh, yeah, that's why pet stores
sell them.  Pet stores welcome rabies lawsuits.) Now that you get the drift,
here's the question I was asked most this month: "Ferrets climb trees,
right?" (Yeah, and they nest with squirrels, then drop on your head from
high branches.) OK, who else has a remarkably uninformed question to share?

Kat