From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:12:54 EDT
On breeders:
I'm reserving judgement on the Cole's.  There is a lot of second, third and
fourthhand "he said she said" floating around.  If anyone knows the Cole's,
I'd love to have them personally address some of the questions and concerns
that have been brought up, because until this happens, we could go in
circles on the FML conjecturing for months and months.  Just my opinion,
but it would probably be very much to their benefit to address the concerns
of the ferret community in order to gain support for their efforts.  At
this point the entire situation with them becoming a large scale breeder
can not be judged, it is far too early.  I would like to know how they will
help the shelters who will certainly get some of their breedings turned in
after purchase.  Will they financially help out?  Will they accept returns
and keep those ferrets lovingly until they can be sent to a new home?
Responsible breeders on any level should find a way to provide for any
life they create.  Let's give them time to prove or disprove themselves
and see how it pans out before we all start praising or condemning.

A question on adrenal's:
Has anyone noticed a correlation between "hyper" ferrets having a higher
rate of adrenal disease than the mellower ones?  Obviously this is very
unscientific, just a personal observation we've made with our ferrets.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, or if it's just a
coincidence.

Anne