From:
Harry Silvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 06:53:21 -0500
>Birch, though the smallest of all my fuzzies, could jump the highest (26").
>so when we cut wooden barricades for our doors, we cut them at 28" high.
>for a while we were fine, then my roommate Ina picked up her 6th ferret
>Moss.

Our ferret barrier is only 18" tall, and it has kept the many ferrets in
their room.  We have ferrets out 24/7.  We have found that the trick is to
get a carpet roll from a carpet store.  Cut it to length, then cut a grove
down the entire length and put it over the top of the barrier.  When the
ferret jumps it might get on top of the roll. but with nothing to hold on
too, it falls back into the ferret rom.  The large arc of the roll makes it
difficult to get enough of the ferret's body over the barrier, to flip over
to freedom.  The only escape was Squeeky, our late littlest ferret who got
on the top of the tent that was too close to the door and soared over the
barrier.

Harry C. Silvis/Zora Mae Silvis
KENNESAW GRAPHICS
3166 Cherokee Street, Ste 101
Kennesaw, Georgia 30144
770.421.1415    Fax 770.421.1745
"The Biggest Little Print Shop in Kennesaw"

                          ^^^^^^^
                      ^^            ^^^

  The Ten Ferrets of Kennesaw Graphics