From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 16:47:02 -0400
Michael-
I use Oticlens.  It's a solution you can get at pet stores.  I squirt it
into the ears, and then massage the ears.  Then after they shake their heads
and shower me with the stuff, I use a Q-tip to clean out what I can see of
the old wax.  A few pointers: 1.  It really is a two person job--one person
holds the ferret still (not an easy task, but scruffing helps), while the
other one squirts, massages, and cleans.  2.  I soak the bottle in a basin
of hot water for 5 minutes first to warm the solution up (how would YOU like
a cold liquid squirted into your ears?).  3.  When using the Q-tip, hold it
lightly so if they jump up and hit it, it will not damage their ear, and
only clean what you can SEE.  You can go into the ear vertically, but don't
go any further, or you may impact the wax back into the ear.  If you can't
reach a bit of wax, it is better to use another squirt of Oticlens than
impact the ear.  Good luck---(and if any of your IM force is caught or
killed,..... :-)

Melody Tomaszewicz

Melodyt and the four fuzzbutts
Furry--"I'm the first, and I'm SOOOO dignified."
Sweetie--The ferret doughnut, "Com'on Mom, let me sleep some more. YAWN."
Friskie--"Get those air goblins!  Get 'um, get 'um, get um!
          Oops, I fell over."
Angel--"Gotta play, Gotta play! KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL!
        OOPS...sorry. PLAY, PLAY, PLAY!"
Coco the Yorkie--"MOM, they're biting my nipples!  Save me!"
Munchkin the Elkhound--"NO, you can't have my dog food.
                        Please make them go away."