From:
"J. L. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 19:00:24 -0400
        Hi everyone, I have just received a newspaper, the Dayton Daily News
from February 23, that has a _huge_ picture of two lovely ferrets, one smaller
sable and a large albino, kissing some lady on her face!  I was thrilled to see
such a positive portrayal of our weasel friends in a publication that reaches
not only Dayton but surrounding suburbs and rural communities from Cincinnati
to Columbus.  Plus, the story continues with yet another picture several pages
inside!  The only thing that slightly bothered me was the reference to the
woman's volunteer work in wildlife rehab in the photo's caption - it didn't
explicitly state that the ferrets were not wild animals.  However, I think
it did a better job of explaining later in the article, and the picture
definitely says a thousand words.

        Also, I wanted to comment on how someone had said that they thought the
FML's character had changed over the last few months.  I've been on only since
around Christmas, and all I can say is that it has went from a small, intimate
forum for weasel lovers to a larger, but still intimate forum of even more
rabid weasel-lovers!  Go FMLer's!  If there has been any radical change, I
don't mind in the least.  Let's keep this list positive, supportive, and
as educational as it is now.  Whew, enough exhorting the masses - everyone
enjoy their weasels!

        Jessi (marooned in Delaware, OH, without a weasel)
        & Kindjal (I could have sworn there used to be more people around here
to chase...  Oh well, that sleeping cat will do for now!)