From:
Katie Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:08:13 -0500
Poor guy! You may want to get a second opinion on the surgery. Even
after removal of adrenal gland, part of the pancreas, your guy will
need to be on meds. We generally get the insulinoma under control and
treat the adrenal with monthly Lupron Depot. After the insulinoma is
under control, we then get him/her an annual Deslorelin Implant. My
vet doesn't remove the spleen. We just have to be very careful that he
doesn't jump, etc & burst it. Other vets do remove the spleen & follow
up with meds. Good Luck Kait!

Katie & Kids in KC