From:
KattPatt of Sammy's Clubhouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2013 07:38:34 -0800
Okay I don't want to start a flame war but this does not seem like a
new issue. But why just Zupreem GF (peas 3rd ingredient)? When I looked
at the More Dooks old site (maybe slightly outdated and is no longer
active) which has a listing of many foods I find the following foods
having peas:
Innova (EVO) cat or ferret - 6th ingredient
Wellness CORE cat - 6th ingredient
Innova Prime cat - 3rd
Blue Wilderness Salmon - 5th
Felidae pureElements - 6th
Professional kitten chick& rice - pea protein 5th
Felidae chick and rice - 6th
Halo Spots stew GF cat - pea protein 3rd and peas 6th
Taste of the Wild feline - 2nd and pea protein at 5th

So most are cat foods. Maybe we as a community normally don't have
these in the mix?

I saw a post that Orijen had peas. They do. It is the 12th ingredient.
Is that far enough down not to cause "harm"?

Some of my very picky eaters are liking Fromm Game Bird which has peas
at #6. I know it isn't the best for them but we need to keep them
eating. And forgive my ignorance but I seem to be reading that it is
the high sodium in peas that cause stone formation. Along with high
carbohydrates.

Then I find an old website from 1998 that says "Ash content should
be no more than 7% to avoid the formation of kidney stones."
http://members.tripod.com/ferret_luv/fernutr.htm
Is this still relevant information?

Sorry, all this information and no conclusion.

Kathy of Sammy's Clubhouse Spokane Ferret Rescue and Education
Main website:  https://sites.google.com/site/sammysclubhouse
Like us on Facebook!  Adopt your next pet from Petfinder.

PS - I have copied the More Dooks to my site to try and save her
information until I can find the site owner.