Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 17:44:14 -0500
Boycott Along Came Polly and Ben Stiller!!

I am sure that many of you have heard of a new movie that came out today
called Along Came Polly, it stars Ben Stiller, Jennifer Aniston and a
great ferret.

Well the other night Mr. Stiller was promoting his movie on The Tonight
Show with Jay Leno.  Personally I did not see the episode, but I am told
that Mr. Stiller created quite a bit of bad press for ferrets.  This is
the quote that was forwarded to me.  I cannot verify that this is a
quote from Mr. Stiller or an interpretation of Mr. Stiller's comments.
"He would do anything to keep the ban up in California to not legalize
ferrets because the ferret bit him on the chin"
He called them ugly, weasely rat animals.  He also brought up the fact
that now Arnold S. is in office as governor and asked if Jay Leno would
inform him also not to legalize them." It is my understanding that the
ferret nipped him on the chin.  Well yes some ferrets do nip, come to
think of it so do dogs and cats.  So are we going to ban cats and dogs?

The next morning he appeared on the Today Show with Matt Lauer and
apologized for his comments.  This was not a very sincere apology since
he later appeared on Conan O'brien and bad mouthed the ferret again.

Much work has been done trying to legalize ferrets in California.  It is
a terrible shame to see one person do so much damage to such a wonderful
animal.

As your friend I am asking you to Boycott Along Came Polly and all Ben
Stiller films.  Please if you agree with this forward this to as many
people as you know.  There is power in numbers.  Why should these animals
have to suffer because of one mans ignorance?

Thank you,
Lisa