From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:15:43 -0700
Hi Deva and FML --

I have a filter (and little spray fountain) to keep the water clean --
waaay overkill in strength, since what I have now for a ferret swimming
pool is a big plastic storage box to be sunk into the ground.  Anyone
know anything about pumps?  This one is for up to 500 gals, I think, and
the container might hold 15 - 20.  Would the pump burn out?  Cause a
whirlpool in the smallish container?

Fsh in a larger pool sounds so cool!  Would the ferrets eat them?  I
suppose some of them would eat some.  I wonder if I can get the nearest
city to supply them to me.If not, dos anyone know what is available
commercially?

I wonder if the ferts would chew this storage box -- it is made of the
common clear/translucent plastic, and I will leave the rim and an inch
or two above ground to reduce ground spill.

Let's see, a storage container with whirling water and churning fish and
ferrets.  I guess some rethinking could be needed here.

Also, I am still thinking about the water tank -- in fact I have paid the
$s but haven't yet picked it up.  Can anyone think of a reason this would
not be a good idea, especially if I can't get the thing sunk into the
ground??  I expect I need to get lots of small holes punched into it at
the same time as when I get the top cut off.  I hate using plastic, but
since its purpose is to hold water, I assume it is pretty safe.

I plan to fill it with dirt except for the last 4 feet, and I have shade
cloth for 1/2 of the top.

[f-c]