From:
denise bosler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 1997 12:29:15 +0000
I've discovered a great way to keep those super ferrets from clearing gates.
Get a hard plastic tube (drain pipe, or even stiff dryer hose), cut it to
the length of the gate and slit the tube all the way down the side.  Then
place the tube over the top of the gate.  The ferret now has no grip on the
top of the gate because of the tube.  And it's kind-of hard to climb up and
out over the top of the tube because there's nothing for the ferret to grip.
Note: don't use the flexible plastic dryer hose.  Ferrets can tear it and
get a good grip to get themselves over.  Give it a try and let me know how
it works.

Peace and Happiness in the New Year!
Denise (& pals)