From:
"Shelley R. Abare" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:13:52 -0600
Great news!  The new Petsmart that just opened in Pensacola Florida
will not be selling "new" ferrets.  I asked the person in charge of the
adoptables if they planned to offer ferrets for adoption, and if so
where would the ferrets come from.  (local, shipped in?) She said that
they are not planning to sell any animals (except gerbils/birds that type
of thing).  But they are supposed to be meeting with someone about the
ferrets on Saturday.  I haven't had time to call our local shelters to
see if it's them or not, but I sure hope it is.  The lady seemed very
interested in helping out, but unfortunately, was called off before I
could get the details.  Anyway, I'm just so glad that there isn't going
to be one more place to get baby ferrets in an already glutted market.

Shelley

PS; Bubbles ate some kibble on her own last night!