From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 1995 00:39:59 -0700
It is LEGAL to give ferrets rabie shots to ferrets in CALIFORNIA.  I called
CDFA concerning this matter and they told me "THAT IT IS LEGAL" for DMV to
administer rabie shots to FERRETS in California.  PLEASE advise your vet to
double check his information before telling his patients it is illegal
because he may find out that this does not apply to Ferrets.
    It is *important* that all ferrets get the shots they need, not only
for his well being but for your own sake.
    If I did not make it clear, that it is LEGAL for Vets to vacinate your
ferrets I will say it again. If you don't believe me call 1800-fer-retw
(CDFA) they will tell you the fact, and You can also order a great ferret
calendar and signs at this number. Plus the profits from the sale goes back
into the fighting for freeing the ferrets.
        Also, not all vets are up to date on how to care for ferrets, if
they are not well informed about how to treat your ferrets, advise them to
get their facts straight before treating yours. Why, risk the well-being of
your pets and yourself, for a vet who hasn't taken the time to learn more
about the needs of your ferret.  There are alot of good vets who take the
time to constantly learn more on how to better treat their patients.
        A good vet is someone who is always learning.
Alone in Ca. (but well advised, with the help of a good vet,and CDFA)