From:
Dianne Rohowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 14:25:50 +0800
For Gwen:

I only want to say you have to be 100 percent strict on the rule that
the bird and the ferrets are not out of their cages at the same time.

Comes the time you break your own rule and the bird takes a rest on the
back of a chair which has a towel hanging over it and it is bye bye
bird when the ferret spies the bird, climbs up the towel (or jumper)
and eats the head off the bird.

I know this sounds grim but it actually happened to one of our ferret
owners here in Oz and she was sure it never would.

It is not that the ferrets are hungry or vicious, it is just the nature
of the beast and ferrets know from back in the deep dark past that
birds, frogs, guinea pigs etc. were prey and it is their job to kill
them.

Other than that, it was never apparent there was stress or fear in
either the bird or the ferret and I wish you all the best with this.

Hugs & Dooks

Dianne & Her Ferret Brood