From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jul 1997 09:53:48 -0400
Melissa wrote:
>My note: believing that US pet buyers will fork out the extra $$ just to
>get a microchipped ferret is pretty naive.  I don't think they would, and
>I don't think MF would microchip 'at cost' so the price hike would probably
>be higher than $10/ferret.

Since I already dropped you a personal line thanking you for your input,
I'll refrain from doing it again.  So my questions to you is:
Do you really believe this?  The prices for MF ferrets LOCALLY vary from
$100 - 140 and there is little competition with other breeders.  Do you
really think another ten bucks would affect MF's strangle hold on the
market?  THEY set the pace, not the kid in the store amazed at the giant
hamsters.

You also wrote:
>They'll soon have someone addressing issues such as the ones we have, (new
>hire, apparently) and while he can't promise any sort of action, MF's
>wrestling with some of the same issues as we are.

Gee, this "wrestling" seems to have been going on longer than many of their
ferrets live.  Your conversation reveals a great deal.

FOR KODO AND ALL THE FERRETS WITH NO NAMES,
alphachi

PS Please don't forget to contact the HSUS about extending their puppy mill
campaign to include ferrets.  They are considering it.  Just contact your
local branch.