From:
"J Gordon Bengtson, CI-ASMEL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 15:13:16 -0400
I take a walk down in the woods now and then to check out the stream
where logs and brush pile up and dam the stream making a flood for
the Grist Mill down stream, the oldest Grist Mill on the continent.

Coming back I retrace my steps back to my fence where I have a gate.
Opening the gate I felt these 'eyes' on me burning hole thru me.

Sure enough, I looked around and sure enough there were these little
black eyes in a dark furry face staring very hard at me thru the weeds.
It was a real weasel, the natural wild kind indigenous to this area.

I could see the fear in the face but at the same time I could see
extreme determination to fend off this 'human' invasion barring its way
back to the woods. Actually it had all kinds of directions it could
have gone to elude me with its lightening speed, but what did it do? It
raced right back at me going just a blur passing only a yard or so from
my left leg. I thought for sure I was to be attacked but it whizzed
past me to ooze thru the chain link fence like it was never there and
then down into the thick brush.

This was the fastest little critter I have seen in ages. It was almost
black in fur color, as I stated the eyes were as black as coal and
burned a hole right thru me as it stared at me. I surprised it as much
as it surprised me. For sure it feared for its life but there is no
way to convince it otherwise where it didn't speak English like I do.
It was just too fast for sign language too.

I have seen this animal a few times but this was the closest I have
ever been to it. Was close enough that I could have picked it up if I
were lightening fast like it was. I used to jump tall buildings in a
single bound and stop speeding freight trains with one hand, but being
old, fat, needing a hair cut and now have to wear glasses all that is
no longer possible.

It sure gave me a start for sure just the same. The burning stare was
more to be feared than any action it could have taken. That animal
could stop a tank dead in its tracks with that stare. Hey! Maybe we
could put it in that cave Osama Bin Laden slithers into! Ha! But I
wish better company for the weasel for sure.

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester-Doodle

Rev. J. Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia  23111