Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 2009 21:45:02 EDT
Saturday night. We have game nights once a month at my place. This
weekend we decided to play Super Scrabble, which I love.

I'm doing fairly well. Not exceptional, but respectable. I keep getting
the letter O. I was getting aggravated. Then I get a D, and then a K. I
had to do SOMETHING.

I put down D-O-O-K. My boyfriend stares at me, surprised for a moment,
and starts laughing. Our friend who was there looks at me puzzled. "Use
it in a sentence," they say. I said I couldn't use it in a sentence but
if they wanted to hear the ferrets play, that was the noise they made.
They both laughed and said it wasn't a word, and proceeded to argue
with me about it for a good long time.

I finally got my boyfriend to challenge it. I held my breath, as I
wasn't at all certain that it would be listed on dictionary.com at all,
let alone in the context I was using it in. As long as it was a word,
I was ok. The boyfriend finally challenged me.

And there, but for the grace of the gods, was DOOK in the dictionary.
Not any mention of a ferret, or anything to do WITH ferrets for that
matter, but it was there. Turns out it was a loosely used translation
for a plug. Whodathunkit?

I chuckled to myself the entire rest of the night. Thanks, kids...
you helped me beat the boyfriend with a 4 letter word on a quadruple
word...it was priceless, indeed.

Sue
and the remaining three
Emo, Stoli and Panda