Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:17:52 -0700
FML Friends,

Hi everyone, I'm Tony.  I've pretty much been an anonymous viewer until
now.  Until now, I've just been keeping an eye out for cute stories or
advice from the more experienced owners.  So, here I go with my small
contribution.

Now, there may be many who have discovered this trick, but I just figured
it out and want to share.  My fuzzy is 1 year old Jeff, and I'm a 19 year
old guy living w/parents, so I'm pretty much on my own as far as nail
clipping and such.  Of course, by the time Jeff needs a clipping, he's
become dangerous enough to just try to hold still.  He'll calm down if
scruffed, but once he figures out you're going to disturb his rest he
becomes less than cooperative, lol.  I've tried many things and just,
about an hour ago, figured out the best one-person clipping technique.
For the front paws I place a bit of Furo-Vite on my nose and sit with my
knees (together) bent in front of me.  Then I sit Jeff back in the human
ferret-chair my legs make so that he's facing me.  In no time flat he
becomes completely involved in my nose and takes no notice that I'm
clipping all 10 front paw nails.  For the back feet, I put the Furo-Vite
on my forehead instead so that I can get closer to them.

I realize this is quite a silly position and unusual places for
Furo-Vite, but if you're doing it this way you're probably 1.) not near
anyone who will help you -or- be able to point and laugh and 2.) very
safe from having any Furo-Vite left on you long enough to dry and stick.
I've found that Furo-Vite stains don't have a chance against fuzzies ; )
Well, that's my tip, I hope it helps someone out there.

Tony & Jeff