Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 1993 19:19:12 -0500
From: [log in to unmask] (Tom Pavek)   Subject: My Story

> Two years later, I am thankful that the pet shop had a no return policy.
> I did quite a few no-no's at first; cedar chips, cat litter...

Oh my, what am I doing?  I grabbed a rather old book on ferrets just days
before I inherited my yet-unnamed 2-year old female, and it mentioned some
respratory problems with cedar chips, but didn't mention anything about cat
litter.

This is my first newsletter from, and post to, the FML so I haven't really
been around the ferret community online to know the no-no's.

I have done good, though.  Ferretone and raisins.  Good dry catfood (pooh on
people who go generic -- how would YOU like the same generic macaroni and
cheese dinner forever? :) and neat places to play.  She loves to crawl under
anything she can lift.  And when she's on my bed, she'll crawl real low to
push her weight into my comforter and make little trenches to hide in.

The only thing that I know I have done bad is buy Bitter Apple.  Just to keep
her from the edges of the trashcan and away from some of the computer stuff.
Other than that, she seems fine.

Could someone let me know about the cat littler, and what else I should
really stay away from that my 10-year old book might predate?  (I do keep
her away from the plutonium and our home reactor I just installed... :)
What SHOULD I use in her litter box?

John