From:
Lisa Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 01:07:03 -0400
>From:    Especially Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Salute
>Do you euthanize your autistic child?  How about that broken arm or leg
>you had as a child.  How about granpa's arthritis?  How about granma when
>she had a stroke and couldn't even feed herself anymore?  Don't think it
>hurts?  Ask any cancer survivor or bypass patient!  Pain is a sense just
>as pleasure is and to be alive to experience it is a miracle in itself...
>I have been reading so much lately of families who just easily end it for
>their little fuzzies when there is still plenty of time.  I ask, spend the
>time and the money, you may suffer a bit more and cry more, but you will
>never ever ask yourself, "did it end too soon?"

We are all entitled to our own opinion, but it is my belief that some
people are just a little to self righteous before they speak!

Post # (#2001-3393) refered to above is a perfect example.  I made the
mistake of reading this Friday morning.  There where quite a few post on
euthanasia and actually I was hoping in reading some of the post that I
might find the an answer to a most horrific question that I knew I was soon
to be faced with.  Instead it is now Saturday night and I had to make that
horrific decision and cross my poor Whiskey over.  I now type this with
tears streaming down my face because I am always going to question my self
due to a self rightous post such as that from someone who can only see life
with blinders on.  I ask you since you have accused people of playing god,
do your health problems give you the right to be judge and jury?  It
certainly seems in other posts that you use them that way.  If you want to
go into health problems I would be glad to compare... I stopped counting
after my 16th surgery.  I give you full credit for being high on life, I
congratulate you!

Comparing humans to animals, granpa's arthritis?  There is a reason there
are doctor assisted suicides/deaths.  Because people can speak  But how
dare you sit on top of your soap box and preach to people who have to make
gut wrenching decisions that are going to affect them for the rest of their
lives.  You are not God, not Judge, not Jury.  You are human no better or
less than the rest of us.

Whiskey hasd insolinomia, a tumor on her right adrenal, fluid around her
heart, a tumor on her heart and elevated liver levels.  The last week of
her life she was on prednisone, furosemide, carafate, amoxacillian, biaxan,
though some of those she had been on for years.  Additionally I was taking
her in every other day for sub-q-fluids and injections of reglan.  She had
also stopped eating.  Tuesday night my husband and I watched her throw up
for 10 minutes straight.  She was constantly grinding her teeth.  Friday
morning her Daddy went to kiss her good-bye and she winced in pain.  It
was then that I made the mistake of reading the FML.  That afternoon after
coming back from the vets for fluids and Reglan I sat there and watched her
in a matter of 30 minutes go back and forth to the litter box 15 times.  It
was then that I made the decision to cross her over.

So Ferretguy what did your post accomplish?  You ticked a lot of people
off.  Ya, you've got me questioning myself.  You've got me staying up at
night crying my eyes out wondering did I do the right thing.  Well I can't
turn back the hands of time so I have to live with myself and I have to
live with your post.  I wonder how many other people have to live with it
to...

So yes I apologize for attacking you on the FML, and I apologize to the
readers for making an attack on the FML I realize that is not what this
forum is for.  But I feel that this serves purpose, one I hope it takes
your blinders off and makes you think for a moment and realize that not
everyone perceives everything like you and you can accomplish more by
being open minded.  Secondly I hope that this helps anyone else who is
going throught the %*#$&!  that I am going through and realize that they
are not alone and all that they need to do is call a friend.

So I ask you before you even respond, that is if you choose to, take a
moment and don't respond in anger, but take a day or two and with no
blinders please try and see where someone else is coming from.