From:
Dee gage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:34:41 -0700
I mentioned this at our Anniversary Party and I've been calling this
a Blessing of the Pets but I like the way I just saw it written today
   ..... "A day of gratitude for all living things."

The Fountain Street Church at 24 Fountain Street Northeast, Grand
Rapids , MI is a beautiful cathedral in downtown Grand Rapids. June
Wolf went to their service a couple of years ago and it's been on my
mind since she mentioned it to me. Here's the write-up from their
website, www.fountainstreet.org

"... Because truly everyone belongs to Fountain Street Church. That,
and once a year we invite animals to join us in honor of Earth Day and
the legacy of Albert Schweitzer. In addition to llamas you will also
find African Drummers, Bluegrass strummers, Gospel singers, bell
ringers, operatic divas, three different choirs, Muslims, Jews, Native
Americans, and even a preacher or two.

April 18 - Reverence for Life Sunday - A day of gratitude for all
living things. An FSC tradition that invites you to bring your animal
companions to Church! We will have music from a variety of human
friends as we celebrate animal friends and neighbors.

From September to the end of June, worship services are held in the
sanctuary each Sunday from 11 a.m. to noon. Song and spoken word are
emphasized in an atmosphere of beauty and dignity. An magnificent
organ, adult, teen and a junior choirs and guest artists perform both
traditional and contemporary music. Sermons draw from Biblical and
modern literature. People of diverse theological persuasions find the
experience inspiring and spiritual."

There will be a number of us from the MFF attending. This is an
invitation to MFF members and non-members to join us. Ferrets should
be in a carrier.

Dee Gage
Midwest Ferret Fellowship
West Michigan Ferret Connection