From:
Stephanie Mudgett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 23:05:34 -0400
Hi All,
Well, Julie's been at it again.  She's put one of my stained glass "Healing
Hearts" up on Ebay.  This item is copyrighted, as it is an original design
and idea.  So check it out.  It's a pet memorial that you can hang in your
window, and it applies to any pet--whether you've lost a dog, cat, ferret,
bird, fish, etc.

The story behind the Healing Heart is this: On a Tuesday in June of 1999,
we took our little Jillian (shelter ferret) in for what was believed to be
a routine adrenal operation.  Our regular vet was on vacation, so we drove
almost 2 hours to another ferret vet.  She had the typical hairloss and the
beginnings of a swollen vulva.  We never suspected that she had so much
going on inside her.  The vet spent a long time in surgery with her and
while she was under, somehow she lost a lot of blood.  She was kept in
"intensive care" at the vets for 4 days and we fully expected to pick her
up Saturday morning and bring her home where I could continue round the
clock nursing for her.  She never recovered and died late Friday night.
I never got a chance to say good-bye or to be with her.  I had called the
vets office daily to check on her progress, and when I called Saturday
morning to see if we could come get her, her death just caught me off
guard.  I thought my heart would break.  She didn't deserve to die alone
without someone to be there with her and let her know she was loved.  I
felt as though I had betrayed her.  I felt so guilty.  And on top of all
that, I missed her terribly.  With Jillian in mind, I designed the Healing
Heart.  Because sometimes you feel as though your heart will never mend....

In loving memory of all the ferrets that have passed through our doors
and arms,
Stephanie
Ferret Services of Freedom

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=457740150
Click here: eBay item 457740150 (Ends Oct-10-00 15:49:07 PDT) -
Ferret Shelter Benefit - Healing Heart