From:
Gordon Bengtson CI-ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:09:25 -0400
With the loss of Rug Lumper, Mr Clean has been lonly.  He has been
seeking out his life long brother and for sure is well aware he is gone.
Is sad to see an animal missing another but happens to all of us.

I called the shelter today and was told they had some older guys that
are more difficult to adopt out and these had been there for some time.
They offered one or two to me so I went over bringing a carrier with me
knowing for sure I would bring at least one back.  I ended up with a 4
year old male, a white one just about a mirror image of Mr Clean.  Am in
the frame of mind to change names here to "Pete" and Re-Pete" where they
are so alike the only way I can tell them apart is the new guy has huge
toes and dark eyes.  Else they are exactly alike in appearance.

They are getting acquainted and will do just fine.  Have them in the cage
which is huge, big enough for 10 ferrets if needed but great for two.
The cage is feet tall, 4 feet wide, and almost 2 feet deep with 4 floors,
2 partial floors and a balcony all served with ramps.  The bottom is a
pan with a piece of rubber roofing material cut to fit.  There is a
Ferret Store 'J' feeder on the outside that dispenses inside, and a free
flow 2 gallon water bottle so they can drink naturally.  Is easy to fill
and replace with fresh from the outside but giving them full access to
all the water they could want inside.

The two litter pans are filled with non clumping kat litter but some guys
use corners anyway.  I have 3 hammocks, one is an insulated sleeping bag
hammy and also a Ferret Store tube hammy.

My guys have allot of room in a well appointed cage.

Gordon, Pete and Re-Pete (X-Mr Clean and the new guy)