From:
suzi lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:20:54 -0800
Hello,
Chongie had exploratory surgery Wed at 9 a.m. and had her left adrenal
removed.  It was 3x's larger than normal.  That was sent for a biopsy
along with a lymph gland.  Her lymph glands were swollen.  Has anyone
ever had swollen lymph glands with adrenal disease?  We are waiting for
the biopsy results.

Chong did great during surgery and surgery time was less than expected.
She did so well that she got to come home the next day in the evening!
The Doctor said that it was rare, but a good sign.  She was biting and
rattling her cage that night after surgery.  Eating by her self, drinking
and pooping good.

I have her home now and in a one level part of the cage.  She hates it
and wants out!  She is so feisty and the alpha ferret of the group.  She
keeps looking at me like" Hey mom, I have things to do!  I can't stay in
this cage all day long!" She keeps pacing, biting the cage and digging.
I need ferret xanax!

How do I keep her calm and quiet?

Doctor said with close supervision in several days she can start to come
out for short periods of time, but no climbing or jumping.  I know I am
going to have my hands full!  But I am just so glad everything went well.
It was our first ever surgery and I really didn't know what to expect.
Dr. Ness in Lisle, IL.  did the surgery and he is the greatest doctor!
Very knowledgeable and compassionate, I am so glad he's our doctor.  I
highly recommend him to anyone.

Thank you to every one who responded to all my questions and wrote with
encouragement and prayers!  it really meant a lot to us!

Suzi
P.S  Special thanks to Sue Zamora for all your help, I must of e-mailed
you everyday with questions, I was so nervous!