From:
Alicia K Drakiotes / Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 1996 11:50:57 -0500
It is on a somewhat regular basis that second ferret Baggins has nighttime
ferret dreams.  Not only do we hear him whimpering and clucking, but it is
very common to look in on him with a flashlight and see all four of his legs
running in the wind... so to speak.

Baggins is a delightful chap going on four years and while he has had his
bouts with teeth grinding in his sleep his health has always been fine....
He also thinks raw green pepper is a treat and delights in the summer when
mom makes salads..

One night about 2 am we heard whimpers and were alerted more than normal...
sneaking quietly to the cage with flashlight in hand we spied our dear
Baggins running like the wind and clucking and whimpering ...  we did not
want to wake him as it was apparent that he was having the most delightful
ferret dream... and who waould want to disrupt him before he conquered his
challenger anyway..

previuos to this we would hear little noises but were not sure if it were
good or bad...  After observing the sleeping beauty we decided it was
certainly ok for ferret sleeptime adventures as there they could get into
all the mischief they had missed out on during the supervised playtime and
better yet they couldn't get hurt..

To all those with dreaming ferrets.... HAPPY DREAMS