From:
Matthew Romoser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 1996 22:21:04 -0400
To the members of the Ferret Mailing List,

Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Matt Romoser and I live in Ft.
Wayne, Indiana.  I wanted to announce to the group that I have, for the
first time, become the property of two 3 year old ferrets.  I adopted them
from a local petstore this past weekend when my girlfriend came down to
visit me.  I have been thinking about getting some ferrets for a long time
and until recently, my situation did not permit it.  But now I have a full
time job and built myself a cool 3 level ferret cage in anticipation of
buying a couple of ferrets.

I originally had intended to buy 2 female baby ferrets, but ended up doing
exactly the opposite.  My S.O.  and I walked into a local petstore only
intending to price some ferret accessories and so that I could play with the
baby ferrets and get my "ferret fix" for the week.  However, when I saw the
ferret cage, I saw to ferts that were kinda big for babies.  I asked the
manager how old they were and she said that they were both 3 years old and
had been brought in by a college student who was moving and could no longer
care for them.  You see, there are no shelters in Ft. Wayne that will take
ferrets, so everybody who needs to get rid of a ferret basically has no
choice but to take them to a pet store.  I played with them for about an
hour and I was pretty much sold.  The petstore wanted $100 each for them,
which I felt was a little steep so I asked the manager that if I took the
pair, could I have them for $75 each..  She agreed.  I told her that I would
have to think it over.  My thinking basically consisted of my girlfriend and
I getting in the car, her saying to me, "I think you should get them", me
saying, "Ok!" then me going to get my pet carrier and get the ferrets.

I named the larger Sable ferret "Sergeant" and the Cinnamon/Silver Mit (I'm
not sure which) my girlfriend named "Casey".  Sergeant got his name because
he's kinda big and burly and has a chipped front tooth so that he has a
comical fang stickying out of his mouth.  Casey is really shy and has a very
calm personality.  They've both learned to steal things already and took to
their cage well (However, I've discovered that Casey is not litter box
trained *at all* while Sergeant has had a perfect record so far on that
front.) and they both kiss like crazy.

I'm thinking that they are both FLO operatives that have been given secret
orders to infiltrate my humble abode and acquire "neat stuff" like paper
towel rolls, shoes, balls, squeaker toys and mouse pads for the FLO effort.
I'm in for a good time.  Anyway, I just wanted to share my good fortune with
you!

Later Gators,

Matt Romoser -- "I can't put my shoes on while your climbing in them!"
Sergeant -- "We'll see what all the hub-bub is about over these mouse
             pad thingys"
Casey -- "PAPER TOWELS ARE EVIL !!!! I MUST STUFF THEM ALL UNDER THE
          COUCH!!!"