From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:02:48 -0500
Another one <sigh>.  Just got a call from a guy looking to place 7 ferrets.
They'v had ferrets for any number of years but need the ferret room for a
new baby.  Sounds like the get no attention at all.  Said he doesn't even
have time to get in there and clean as much as he would like.

Ferret info:
- 2 males, 5 females (1 albino female, all others sable)
- Age: 5 to 6.5 years
- Temperment:  Very friendly, no biters when he does pick them up he gets
  kisses
- Health:  He says its good, no problems (but he doesn't sound all that
  knowledgeable, I could be wrong though)
- Cost:  I'm pretty sure they're free but I forgot to ask
- Location:  NW corner of Indiana near Gary - 35 SE of Chicago

It sounds like he has taken these ferrets in over the years, 4 came
together, 2 of which seem to be pretty bonded.  But I think the rest
certainly can go singly if not all of them (of course it would be better
if they stayed together but that would be too tough I'm sure)

The Chicago shelter won't take them and he hasn't been able to get anyone
else on the phone (I'm in MI).  He's been trying to call Ferret Friends of
Michiana but can't get an answer.

If anyone can help place these please e-mail or call.  If you know of any
shelters in the area, please e-mail or call.

Mary, 616-964-4042