From:
Bob Peskin and Scooter too! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 1996 23:29:21 -0400
New-ferret-owner worry about odd (?) habit:

After I'm done with my shower, Scooter (6 mo. old male sable) likes to
scramble into the bathtub so he can lick water from various spots around the
tub.  He gets plenty of water from "normal" sources--water bowl in the
kitchen for when he's out and about; bottle attached to his cage when he's
in there.  Should I prevent him from tub-licking?  Is there any possible
danger if he ingests some soap- or shampoo-leavings?  Is he trying to tell
me he needs something else in his diet?  Or is he just being a normal,
nosy/licky little guy?  Thanks in advance for your feedback on this.

Bob in St. Paul, Minn.