From:
Ann Gruden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 20:27:24 -0400
So sorry we've been slow to update everyone on our status but we really
haven't had much to say other than to wait for the virus to die out in
the shelter.

We sent out for and just received the PCR test results to see if the
shelter was clear of the virus. 2 ferrets are still testing positive.
So CD is still present in the shelter. ;(

We now have 15 ferrets in temp housing waiting for the all clear to
come in. And with the end of summer, we are getting more calls for
give ups. :(

If anyone in the area has temporary space please let us know. We were
hoping to get the all clear today, but now it is looking like the
earliest will be after Labor Day.

All the ferrets in the shelter are acting healthy and we actually had
surgery on one of the boys whose spleen was so huge that we could no
longer avoid surgery. Marshmallow came through with flying colors and
is doing great.

The one ferret that has not succumbed to CD is still doing ok. Harry
Potter/Dex has good and bad days, but most of the time appears healthy
and is playing. So we are hoping for a full recovery for him!

Ann Gruden
Ferret Association of Connecticut