From:
Jaime Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:21:36 -0800
Do any of you actually clean your ferrets' teeth?  We tried once, with
those little gauze pads for cats, and it A) didn't seem to do anything
and B) was very hard to do- to hold them still and actually get any good
grip on a tooth.  But we noticed that one ferret, Peanut, has some brown
looking stuff on a tooth- we assume it's some kind of plaque or decay.
She is eating fine, doesn't seem to bother her, but she's not too old (~3
yrs) and I don't want it to become a problem now or later in terms of her
not eating or being in pain or losing the tooth.  Any advice?  Should we
not worry about it?  Is there a better way to clean their teeth?  If we
don't see visible plaque on the others' teeth can we just skip cleaning
them?  To be honest, we've got our hands full with our ferrets and dog
and if there's not a relatively easy solution I'm afraid we won't follow
through as well!

thx,

Jaime