Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 1995 21:59:56 -0500
Well.

AS IF the ferrets weren't enough, two or three days ago, we brought home an
abandoned kitten found at the horse barn...a female greyish-brown tabby we
named Susie.  Then Greyhound Companions called this morning and said our
adoptee would be in Toledo tonight.  We picked her up and brought her
home....she's small, about 50 pounds, and a brindle, more red than black.
We named her Nora, sort of after one of my favorite characters ever, Nora
from Djuna Barnes' _Nightwood_ (I wrote it into a play for my master's
thesis...).  Well, we got a muzzle with Nora too, and right now, she and
Coco are having it out in the ferret room....but these bunnies are CHASING
HER BACK.

What a hoot.  a one pound ferret just chased a fifty pound muzzled greyhound
through the room.  Off to enjoy the zoo.....

Laurel in Ohio and (roll count here...)
Coco, ferret. "cool, man, check that thing OUT!"
Simmie, ferret. "dookdookdookdookCRASH....huh?"
Quincey, Italian Grayhound. "It's in my SPACE!"
Brigit, IG#2. "shiver, shiver, shiver...."
Maud, persian. "I am still outta here..."
Susie, ex-barn cat. "A couch!  Food!  I am in heaven!"
Mahogany, queen Quarter Horse. "I don't live there...yet."

and presenting......

Nora, ex-racing grayhound. "INFORMATION OVERLOAD.  THE BUNNIES ARE
LEAPING AT ME....."

"a complicated life has so many opportunities..." -Karen Finley