From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 00:02:25 -0400
>Just trimming nails and when clipping a nail my ferret pulled her paw
>away and it looks like she pulled her nail out at the same time.  It is
>bleeding, besides pressure what can I do to stop the bleeding .....

If she actually pulled her nail out, then the bleeding area is the nail bed
(which the nail grows from).  If pressure does not control the bleeding,
you can try a little Styptic Powder (or Pencil - some drug stores carry the
pencil for men who cut themselves shaving).  If that doesn't do it, take
her to a vet.

Dr. Ruth
Save lives - spay or neuter your pet.