From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:36:17 -0500
Hi everyone!  Just thought a little update on the Snowy/Bob Jarmain case
would bring a smile to you all.

Bob Jarmain didn't show up for his 1st appearance on March 2, 1999.  He was
arrested and spent the night in jail.  He was released the following day
and sent back into the public.  No word on when his next date is.

I want to thank all of you who have written to the London Criminal court on
behalf of Snowy, The F.A.S. and The London HS.  They have been receiving
letters for the past 2 months and are really curious about this case and
why it's gotten attention from all over North America.  For more
information on Snowy's case or for info on the letter writing campaign,
please see Sam's site http://users.1st.net/hammock/ferrets/ontario.htm

In light of the easy Canadian Criminal laws, the London HS has asked me to
post this to all of you.  In America, the Criminal Code is much stronger in
supporting animal's rights than here in Canada.  It is for this reason, I
ask yet again of you for help and support.  There are still many Bob
Jarmains out there and many ferrets and animals suffering in Canada because
of our 100 year old laws that have yet to be strengthened.

Please find it in your heart to write to our Minister of Justice/ Solicitor
General and request a tougher Criminal Code for Animal abusers.  A form
letter can be found here.
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick/form.html

To write your own letters, please do so at this address.

Crimes Against Animals
Hon. Anne McLennen
Min. of Justice/ Solicitor General
Justice BLD.
284 Wellington St. 5 FL
Toronto, Ontario
K1A 0H8
Canada

Thank you!!!!!!

The Ferret Aid Society "For the love of our fuzzy friends"
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick

http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=1383&mid=43897
click here to raise funds for the ferrets,  just by using your mouse!