From:
"Jeff, Roseann, Lenny & Trixie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:41:05 EST
HI.....
I'm a new member of the FML and this is my first time posting.  About
Lenny's sense of smell.  My husband Jeff place a cylinder light set on a
timer on the second shelf of our corner unit slightly tilted to light a
dark corner and to give some light to our ferrets before we get home from
work.  One night when Lenny came out of the cage he went to the light tried
knocking it down by tugging on the cord and succeeded.  I said NO placed
it back and he repeated the process.  I twist tied the cord but he was
relentless.  I said NO its hot.  He would not stop.  He knocked it off
again and when I picked it up this time I just about burned myself.  I then
touched the self above where it was placed and found that it to was piping
hot.  I called for Jeff and unplugged the unit.  It turns out that the
wrong light bulb was in it and Lenny must have smelled the painted wood
burning from the corner unit.  Jeff replaced the bulb and Lenny has not
bothered it since.  He got lots of kisses, hugs and treats for that one.

Now about Lenny.  We have 2 ferrets that I love very much.  Lenny was our
first.  We purchased him in May 1998 at Parrots of the World owned by
Marc Marrone.  He has a show on the MSG network about all types of pets, he
has little animals all around him and a huge scarlet macaw that rips his
glasses off.  He is an amazing person.  We ventured to his store and found
Splash the ferret star of the show asleep with a bunch of baby ferrets
sleeping with him, all that is except one, he was asleep away from the
crowd belly up legs splayed and tongue sticking out.  How could I resist!!
Marc picked him up said I like this guy he's a little odd.  He rubs what I
think is a tiny belly and said, he's got a big belly, he's going to be a
big boy.  He was 8 weeks and looked tiny to me.  Marc named him Lenny for
us because of the Of Mice and Men character Lenny.  Well, his fits his name
for sure.  He is my lovable lap ferret that is huge, harmless and a big
lummox and he outgrew his cage in about three months.  He was less than a
year when we found him dragging and tugging my husband's rollerblade from
out of the closet and to the linen closet, his storage for toys.  He is
very strong.  We have since relocated all shoes.  Naturally I could go on
forever about him.  I have another story about his sniffer and then there
is my princess Trixie we purchased a year ago to keep him company.  It was
love at first sight, well sort of.

I don't remember who posted about the 8 in 1 star shaped food and how
their ferret chokes on it.  That was my concern as well when I got it as a
sample.  Trixie does a times choke on her food as well, are you supposed to
help them?  It nearly scares me to death when she chokes.  Lenny naturally
can eat it with no problem.

Love and ferret kisses to Ben.. get better soon...
Roseann, Jeff, Lenny & Trixie