From:
GJ Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 03:23:12 -0400
I want to begin this post by saying that the article from Maggie Mae about
stowing with 19 ferrets is the goofiest post I've ever read on this club.
Now that that's out of the way...

My ferret Kai, America's best traveled ferret who recently posted about his
trip to Florida, has really pulled one this time.  I want to see if anyone
else's ferret has managed this one.

I was lying on my bed talking to my boyfriend while Kai was running loose in
the room.  I knew he was in the bathroom.  I heard him get into the garbage
cans.  But wait!  Was that a drinking sound I heard?  Where would he find
water in there?

I discovered him (get this): on the rim of the toilet.  That is, he had
somehow leaped onto the toilet rim, hung on with his claws, pulled himself
up until he was on the rim so half his body was on the inside of the bowl
and half on the outside.  He was hanging there using his big fat butt for
balance.  But to reach the water he had to lean into the bowl so far that
only his very back legs were keeping him from taking a swim.  He hates
baths, see, so falling in was unthinkable.  But drinking from the toilet
bowl was a thrill and a half.

Has anyone else's ferret accomplished this feat? Now I have to keep the lid
closed.