Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:47:52 -0800
He works for Donald Rumsfeld and sees patients around the world.  Through
the use of telemedicine, Dr. Bruce Williams is able to examine slides in
Baghdad without going anywhere.  Always a sought-after ferret
pathologist, Dr. Williams is using his expertise to support our troops
from around the world.  They have telemedicine capabilities throughout
the world, allowing him to perform advanced diagnostics without spending
the night away from his family.

Dr. Williams, and wife Colleen, are the parents of a 5 year old, Conner.
They have also added a young Sun Conyer and an African Gray parrot to
their ranks.  According to Dr. Williams, *that bird is the most
well-adjusted mean bird I know!*  Having already experienced a menagerie
that includes ferrets, deer, blue herons, a sea lion and even a
vegetarian land-dwelling nutria known as a hutia, whats a bird or two?
Given the lifespan of parrots, it is expected that the bird will bury
him!

Since his last visit to the Symposium, Dr. Williams has been very busy.
He has traveled around the world as the parent of a 5 year old does --
via Walt Disney World!  He has also been to Poland and Australia.  If you
remember, the goal for the year was to meet the Crocodile Hunter!  His
hobbies have developed a little, too.  Despite Dr. Williams claim that
*I have a 5 year old, I don't have hobbies!* he can be found playing Uno
and You-Gi-Oh! or watching Power Rangers.  When not at home, Dad is a
fall guy in Conner's martial arts class!

On a personal level, Dr. Williams is currently *trying to write my ferret
book.*  When the suggestion was made that this was a wonderful project
for retirement, this quite active ferret pathologist replied, *Honestly,
I don't see myself ever retiring.*  That's several more years of benefit
for our fuzzy little friends!

Come spend a few moments away from home with Dr. Bruce Williams on April
29 at the 2005 Ferret Symposium in St. Louis, MO!

To use this vet:
Dr. Williams is currently collecting tissue samples from ferrets with
suspected Disseminated Idiopathic Myositis (DIM) in Ferrets
(http://www.ferret.org/news/052404a.htm).
To consult with him, go to
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/webconsults.html
Website: http://www.afip.org/ferrets/