From:
Jessica Morton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 04:56:44 -0500
Hi everyone,
So sorry to hear about the ferret(s) left in a box outside the Salem,
MA shelter.  I am constantly trolling the local Criagslist online
classifieds (yourcity.craigslist.org) while I'm at work (as opposed
to working ;->), searching for good stuff for my new apartment.
Occasionally, I'll see a post from someone looking to adopt/adopt out
a ferret or two.  Usually, I send them a very nice email directing them
to the local shelters, or to the FML - they are usually more than
grateful, and surprised that such things exist for ferrets.  The fact
that they have ferrets & are ignorant of those basic ferrety facts makes
me cringe, but so be it.  Education, folks!

Anyway - I have unfortunately deleted all of my correspondence with these
people, which may have been a good starting point for locating the owners
of these babies (all posts expire & are deleted after 10 days, so I only
had that margin to work with).  However, I did manage to pull up the
links below - several people in the North Shore area looking to re-home
their ferrets.  Maybe a nice email from the shelter folks, with a
guarantee of anonymity, would assist in finding out how many ferrets were
in the box at the time of drop off, and with getting descriptions of any
fugitive weasels?  If that fails, maybe leaving a post in either the
"Pets", or "Rants & Raves" forums, requesting information from the a-hole
(I mean, very nice & caring ferret parent!) who left their pets outside,
taped in a box, on a COLD, FALL, New England night!

Let me know how it works out, and if there's anything I can do to help!

http://boston.craigslist.org/zip/45198739.html

http://boston.craigslist.org/pet/45699502.html

http://boston.craigslist.org/pet/45695240.html

http://boston.craigslist.org/pet/45500595.html